Hot 12v Power For Gx470 2006

lenfamily

I'm look for a way to have either one of my 12v plugs always on to charge cell phone. Otherwise I am running the car not nearly enough to keep my cell battery charged. Ideas, features, etc?? Thanks

I asked if this could be done and was told no.:cries: They stated it was for safety reasons, I think they just didn't want to do it. We wanted a "hot" 12 volt outlet for our 12 volt cooler. All of our previous 5 Jeeps had an "always on" 12 volt outlet.

I just checked with another dealer and they said that they could do the rewiring for $150.00. It would be worth it to me for our cooler.

I'm look for a way to have either one of my 12v plugs always on to charge cell phone. Otherwise I am running the car not nearly enough to keep my cell battery charged. Ideas, features, etc?? Thanks

I asked if this could be done and was told no.:cries: They stated it was for safety reasons, I think they just didn't want to do it. We wanted a "hot" 12 volt outlet for our 12 volt cooler. All of our previous 5 Jeeps had an "always on" 12 volt outlet.

I don't think i've seen a Japanese made vehicle with an "always on" 12V. I've seen those in the Chryslers I've rented before, but never in a Honda or Toyota, or Lexus. :huh: <_<

:chairshot: I think you're correct. My BMW X5 that I sold for the GX has an always on/hot, and another that required the car ignition to be turned on. In the rear there was also an always on for external gadgets. Not good news :(