Brake Fluid

timothy

hello, i have a 04 es 330, 30,000 miles, the manual says change brake fluid. had car serviced, oil change, etc. no brake fluid change. brakes are good, should i wait till i get new brakes or get the fluid changed soon? car is great so far. car is serviced at meade lexus of lakeside. mich. good service and prices. get treated really good. thanks.

Timothy

The brake system is a closed system, the only way you can get contaminates into it is by opening it up. The boiling point of the brake fluid has probably diminished over the 30K miles.

The real question is there a problem with your brakes? My 05 has ceramic brakes and I expect the front brakes to last at least 50 to 60K. If you feel that the pedal is soft or has a lot of play then it would be a good idea to purge the fluid - I would note the level of the fluid and try to keep it at the same level for a fluid replacement. For me, I purge the fluid when I relplace the pads.

T