2009 Lexus Rx Suv Rumors

I wouldn't expect too much in terms of re-designing its problems like electrical system. It's done in Japan and they really don't care what American's think-they don't even drive this car.

Wow, I guess I'm not following your logic:

"they don't even drive this car" would mean that Lexus is primarily building it for . . . . what, the U.S. ? ... the rest of the world? If Japanese aren't building it for us, wouldn't that mean just the opposite? . . . that they'd WANT to do it right for their customers, whom ever they are?

After working in Tokyo for a few months, I found very FEW people drive there ... opting instead for public transportation. So one could say that Japan's autos are primarily made for 'other' markets. Further, I doubt that Toyota/Lexus got to be #1 in world sales last year by taking a, "really don't care what American's think" attitude, really.

Not an attitude but facts.

Lexus was not sold in Japan up until fairly recently.

And yes-they sell the car in US mostly (not design here)-Europe got Lexus also not so long ago-but that doesn't mean that they'll be so cool and responsive to logical requests.

I'll give you an example to show how responsive and cooperative Japanese engineers are with Americans. I deal with 2 major companies making professional mid-size PBX phone switching systems-Panasonic( japan )and AVAYA (former Lucent US/UK). Both have their advantages and disadvantages as to how their systems work. But...

Let say there is a major feature missing on both of them-so when we request something from Panasonic first their engineers get annoyed that we dare to undermine their design capabilities. Than they will ignore next few reminders, will never answer or give you idea if thing can be done. We'd wait 6-8 months and sometimes feature will appear with limited version anyway sometimes they won't.

With AVAYA- first you'll get transfered to "Feature Request" department-usually after 20 minutes of talking to tech support -with clear explanation of what is needed. If requested feature was unusual, very custom and only valuable for your needs-you'll get personal upgrade within a week-if the missing feature was very important for overall capabilities of the system- you'll still get your personal firmware first but it will be also implemented in firmware release for others within few weeks.

Now-feeling the difference??

Attitude-yes-but where?

I could give you a couple other examples if you wish.

Now going back to our Lexus situation-let say one of those features is cruising range display or your average speed. Maybe they will include it in 2009 model-maybe not. Maybe they will fix the electrical system so batteries don't die- maybe not. Honestly I have not driven a car besides Lexus that will keep it's manual interior light ON even after you arm the alarm-and that apparently is the case not only with RX400h but other models as well.