Installing A Sat Nav Computer Into A Rx300

fernandolpa

I own a 2001 RX300 with the sat nav screen.

I bought a sat nav computer and GPS antenna (both used)

Anybody knows how to installed it?

How to know if the car has the harness already installed?

Any way to buy just the ncomputer connectors?

And to finish, anybody could tell me a web page where the toyota staff provides technical solutions?

Thanks,

By the way, my dealer is more lost then I, as in my Island the nav computers where never installed.

I had a 2000 RX that had a screen, but Nav was not available that year. I now have a 2002 RX that does have Nav. The screens are not the same between these years. I don't think Nav was an option yet in 2001 - is your screen the blue one that displays info about the radio, heater & a/c, trip info, etc? It might be a bigger mod than you anticipate if I'm correct that Nav was not available in 2001.

Before I bought the 2002 I asked the dealer if Nav from the 2002 could go into the 2000 model, and they said no. But maybe there are after market mods that could be installed to make it work?

2001 was the first year for NAV in the RX, but are you sure you have the NAV screen??

Do you have radio memory preset buttons right below the screen?

If so, then you have the standard screen, not the NAV.

Tom

I have the NAV screen, not the multidisplay. 100% sure and confirm by the dealer using the VIN number.

But in 2001 my region was not available in any maps, thats why the dealer dis not offer the nav system.

Now the region is available, but I am more interested in the additional features of the system and installing video into the nav screen.

Any help will be appreciatted.