Front Suspension Noise

This is related to an earlier post related to front suspension noises.

Here is a quick run down of the '98 GS400's current state:

The ball joint is new and firm.

The creaking that was there is still gone thanks to a quick fix lubricant spray on all front passenger suspension components.

The technicians did not identify any obviously damaged or broken components during the creak investigation. (Sway bar was off and inspected and other parts were loosened and lubricated).

And after a week and a half the lubricant spray has had a chance to evaporate, drain off, whatever.

There are no signs of leakage on the strut.

Car was aligned and wheels were balanced.

OK...

The new issue is a distinct popping noise :cries: that occurs almost randomly under normal driving conditions. You can make the noise occur by severely braking, accelerating, or alternately severely turning left and right. A similar noise (although not quite as raucous) can usually be reproduced by alternately lifting some of the load off of the suspension (literally lifting the car by hand), then pushing back down on the car. It definitely seems like a binding issue of some sort. My wife claims that she can feel the pop coming through the floorboard on her side, and by sound, it does appear to be coming from right-of-center, not at the wheel (where the creaking noise was)

I have read where some car owners suffer vibration around 60 mph, and we have that going on as well.

I am just looking for ideas on what to test next...?