Rear Seems To Go A Bit To The Left When Going Over Large Bumps

Micah

Hi, when I go over large bumps such as those when first going onto a bridge, my rear of my car seems to go to the left a bit. Its a bit like I'm sliding. I've heard that struts can do this, but the suspension seems very stiff and doesn't bounce like the struts are bad. I've also seen suggestions of the busings, but I thought that would make the wheels loose feeling when the car is suspended. My suspension feels very firm when the car is up. The toyota dealership and sears said that my suspension looks good. I also had a 4 wheel alignment recently which didn't really change anything. What could cause this?

I'll try to. What do they need to look for? I took it to the toyota place (no lexus dealer around) and they said the suspension was good. Sears said the same thing. They even did a 4 wheel alignment. Do I need to take it out of town to a lexus dealer?

Could this have something to do with it:

I had my car in my garage on concrete when I jacked the rear of it up. I started her up and placed it in drive and let it idle. At first, both rear wheels started to spin, but as I let it run the drivers wheel got slower and slower until it stopped. The other wheel was still running (probably twice the speed the speedometer showed) and there was a noise and some rattling underneath (sounded like the rearend?). Maybe like gears. I can put the car in neutral and spin either tire by hand, but the opposing tire doesn't turn as some other rear wheel drive vehicles used to do. (turn one by hand the opposing should turn the opposite direction, right?)

1st question: Could this be my rearend going out?

2nd question: Could this cause the drifting problem?

I checked the firmness of the wheels and there was very little play in each wheel. I could wiggle the passenger wheel very very slightly up and down, but not much at all.

Alright, I just went out there and was turning the wheels and listening to it. 1st, the opposing wheel is now turning the opposite direction. 2nd, is it normal to be able to hear the gears in the rear end when turning them by hand?