creaky/squeaking noise from driver side

IS300silver

Hi all,

I bought a new IS300 2002 model 5 months ago and has this creaky/squeaking noise coming from the driver side ( I think it is from the driver seat.) occationally since month 2. I brought it to the service twice and they can't find anything wrong. The noise is still there and it is very annoying. Does anybody has the same problem?

Thanks,

Helen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I think that I am having the same problem, but for me it really seems like it is in the seat itself. Like I am sitting on an old couch! There is an occasional squeak when I move or hit a bump or something, but every time I bring it to the dealer, they say they cannot reproduce! :( Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Steve

I also have a similar problem with the squeaking and I got the same response from Lexus.

Also, Helen could you be a little more specific as to the "wiggle" which allowed the squeaking to stop

Thanks

Jakehawk

Hey! Effectively, the squeeky noise comes from the seatbelt buckle and Lexus has no clue whatsoever on how to fix it. I used garage door oil (spray bottle) and the noise has not occured ever since. be carreful not to spray the seat :D

Hey! Effectively, the squeeky noise comes from the seatbelt buckle and Lexus has no clue whatsoever on how to fix it. I used garage door oil (spray bottle) and the noise has not occured ever since. be carreful not to spray the seat  :D

Yep..... worked for me too! ;)