92 Sc400 Brake Did Something Weird

Hi All,

I was sitting at a stop light today, with my foot on the brake (maybe a little harder then normal) and the brake pad made a bit of a sound and went in alot futhur. Now to stop I have to put my foot on the brake a lot futhur then I did before. I'd say the first little bit on the brake the car stops the same as it did before, then there is a gap that the brakes don't feel like they are doing anything, and then the brakes kick in again. Also, after this happens the e-brake light and the trac light are now litten up.

I will take it into the shop tomorrow, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts before I get there!

Thanks.

its either 1 of two things, when u pressed extra hard on the brake pedal you busted a leak in a worn brake hose,that would explain the brake light turning on b/c there is low brake fluid, or your brake master cylinder has gone bad. check under your car and especially around all the wheels, b/c if it is a hose, its prob 1 of the rubber ones that go to the wheels. if u dont see and brake fluid leaking, with the car off push the pedal with normal pressure and hold it, if it slowly goes down, its the master cylinder