Need Help With Creaking Noise In Rear

I have a 1998 GS400 and have been noticing some creaking coming from the rear of the vehicle. I think it caused by the bushings. I have sprayed them with WD40 and it’s ok for a short time, but returns.

My first guess is the bushings on the small tie-rods right behind the rear wheels. It is a 6 inch long round rod. Second guess is the rubber bushing for the mount of the body to the frame. It looks cracked. Other thoughts are springs and shocks mounts.

Would it help to tighten the bolts of the various suspension parts? Is it critical that they are torqued to spec? How do I find the specs for all these parts?

Does someone have a repair manual that shows an exploded version of the rear suspension?

I had the same problem on my 2000 GS400 last year. Bad strut bar bushings; replaced by dealer under warranty. No noise coming from rear anymore.

What exactly is a strut bar bushing? Do you mean the bushing on top of the strut? I was considering replacing the struts anyhow. Would that solve my problem?

I would try white lithium spray for polyurethane bushings, which are notorious for creaking and squeaking sounds based on my latest research, discussions with technicians and auto store personnel. I am having similar problems in the front. WD-40 and silicone spray are temporary fixes, white lithium and some other items (vaseline, anti-seaze, etc.) may provide quiet for a little longer time. New graphite impregnated polyurethane bushings would solve the problem as well, but cost you a lot more.