"test Mule(s)" Volunteers..?

wwest

If you live in the Seattle area and can readily demonstrate that your FWD or front torque biased AWD Toyota or Lexus exhibits the engine/transaxle delay/hesitation symptom I have a "trial" fix I would like to try.

My idea is to prevent the engine/transaxle ECU from commanding an upshift under some of the conditions defined within the Toyota TSB that "addresses" this issue.

By passively, non-destructively, monitoring the accelerator position sensor's output voltage we can determine that the accelerator pedal is in the process of being released and the instant it is released the trial circuit will activate the brake lighting system. Not the actual brakes, just the circuit that "tells" the ECU that the driver is braking and therefore perhaps provide an indication to the ECU that the driver clearly does not want to enter "cruise" mode.

Hopefully (it is a "trial") this will prevent the inadvertent/undesirable upshifts which as most of you know I believe are at the root cause of the delay/hesitation symptom.

The trial circuit will include a switch so the driver will have the ability to readily switch back and forth between the trial circuit and "as shipped".

If you live in the Seattle area and can readily demonstrate that your FWD or front torque biased AWD Toyota or Lexus exhibits the engine/transaxle delay/hesitation symptom I have a "trial" fix I would like to try.

My idea is to prevent the engine/transaxle ECU from commanding an upshift under some of the conditions defined within the Toyota TSB that "addresses" this issue.

By passively, non-destructively, monitoring the accelerator position sensor's output voltage we can determine that the accelerator pedal is in the process of being released and the instant it is released the trial circuit will activate the brake lighting system. Not the actual brakes, just the circuit that "tells" the ECU that the driver is braking and therefore perhaps provide an indication to the ECU that the driver clearly does not want to enter "cruise" mode.

Hopefully (it is a "trial") this will prevent the inadvertent/undesirable upshifts which as most of you know I believe are at the root cause of the delay/hesitation symptom.

The trial circuit will include a switch so the driver will have the ability to readily switch back and forth between the trial circuit and "as shipped".

will you be assuming any costs incured if damage results from your "switch" or will you require donors to sign a waiver?