Driving Mode

abaazov

hi guys, newbie here. just a quick question....for normal city-highway driving, should i leave the shifter in low, high or neutral mode? also, does anyone use 94 octane gas? does it make a difference?

thanks

amnon

hi guys, newbie here. just a quick question....for normal city-highway driving, should i leave the shifter in low, high or neutral mode? also, does anyone use 94 octane gas? does it make a difference?

thanks

amnon

I take it you mean the transfer case shift lever. For your kind of use, leave it in the high position. If you tried the low position, you would know it. And the neutral position will get you no where fast.

thanks

amnon

Welcome to the Club and Congrats on the GX. :cheers: To answer your question, BobsGX470 is correct. You need to put the transfer case shifter in HIGH (H). Dealer should have given the vehicle to you in that position. Secondly, regarding the gas, you MAY need to put 91 or higher because you have an 06 GX, which has the new VVT-i engine that I think requires premium gas. It will say in the manual, and also on the gas door when you open it. ;) :)