More Cooling Issues With 93

poneyboy

I'm hoping we have some guys here that can help. I just had to replace my radiator, but before that it was my water pump. I have a new thermostat and new caps. The radiator and pump were in need of replacement, but still I have some cooling issues. I believe it's the cooling fan system - the hydraulic one. I assume there is a temperature sensor and an actuator that work together to make this thing work.

Does anyone know how this thing works and how to go about troubleshooting this fan? It seems to be the issue as I find intermittent increases in temperature when stopped. At times, it works flawlessly and stays below the half mark. Other times, it creeps up to the next tick mark - and I fear it will overheat. Once I get going, it comes back down. I also think there may be two speeds to this fan?

It just may be that the fan switch is the real bugger in this whole equation - at first it appeared that my woes were over. But now it appears to be back. Possibly the new and bigger radiator is preventing a quick oveheat, but I don't trust what's going on.

please try and add on going problems to the last posts you made of the same issue

as it helps in diagnosing the car with a braod picture

otherwise members would have o go and search back to see what was already done

i will try and find it and link it to this post if i can