Es300 Antenna Noise...not Broken Mast...help!

blau

I recent purchased a new antenna mast because I began to hear that grinding noise it would typically make if the mast was broken. When I installed the new one, it continues to make that awfull noise when the antenna is all the way up. I took the antenna motor apart and removed all broken pieces of the old mast already. I understand that this noise is caused by worn out teeth or broken piece of the mast. Since this is a new antenna mast with unworn teeth, could the teeth on the motor be worn? Any help or advice would be great! THANKS!

• 1 month later...

I recent purchased a new antenna mast because I began to hear that grinding noise it would typically make if the mast was broken. When I installed the new one, it continues to make that awfull noise when the antenna is all the way up. I took the antenna motor apart and removed all broken pieces of the old mast already. I understand that this noise is caused by worn out teeth or broken piece of the mast. Since this is a new antenna mast with unworn teeth, could the teeth on the motor be worn? Any help or advice would be great! THANKS!

I have the same situation. After the antenna is fully extended, the motor continues running for about 12 seconds, during which time the internal clutch slips (as designed), making quite a grinding sound. I have swapped out the control module but that didn't help. I'm wondering if the radio is in 'extend broken antenna' mode and if there is a counterpart 'extend normal' mode.

there are plastic gears inside that wear out. i haven't had luck finding these gears, but have been able to fix a few from other antenna i've gathered over the years. chances are you need a whole new antenna assm.

I've inspected the gears as much as possible.. nothing visible. If the gears wear out, wouldn't I also have problems when the antenna retracts? Works perfectly going down.

Btw, I do have another used assembly that I could clean up and install.