I Need New Sensors, Who Should I Have Install Them?

Caleb

I need 2 new O2 sensors and 1 new throttle position sensor for ls 93 ls 400 due to age. The dealership wants 940 and thats discounted from 1200, Should i buy OEM parts and just pay for labor a less expensive mechanic? I dont know much about cars so i dont know if i should worry about people who dont regularly work on lexus makes. Advice would help, thanks.

I need 2 new O2 sensors and 1 new throttle position sensor for ls 93 ls 400 due to age. The dealership wants 940 and thats discounted from 1200, Should i buy OEM parts and just pay for labor a less expensive mechanic? I dont know much about cars so i dont know if i should worry about people who dont regularly work on lexus makes. Advice would help, thanks.

recently I had to replace one of 4 OS sensors on my 96 SC4 (code P0135). I purchased an universal Bosch O2 sensor (part# 15733, about $80) for my mech to install, and it works like a charm (cleared the error code right out!). the original O2 sensor removed was marked "toyota 89465-50060".

I replaced my TPS on my 93ls. Cost $75.00 from Park Place Lexus- Plano Texas mail order. You will need someone to use a mulit-meter to adjust the Tps. Look at a thread search for TPS info and adjusting. O2 sensors as above. around $80.00. I have not replaced mine but it looks simple. Parts less than $300.00. Time less that 2 hours. I had code 41 before replacing my TPS. And I still have code 41 after. Some others have reported the same. The code also triggers for a bad connection and or wire harness. And could indicate a failing ECM.