Putting 20'' On My 91' Ls400, Need Help

alextruong

hi ! i am about to put some Konig Blix 1 20'' on my 91' LS 400. They are 20x8.5 in front and 20x9.5 rear. I was wondering which size of tires do you guys recommand me ? and what offset too ?

please let me know, im a total newbie with those kind of things :P

You are going pretty wide on the rim for an older LS.

What are you doing for suspension ?

235 35 20 will not rub but the ride will be harsh and look out for bending the rims very easily.

i see ...then what do you recommand me ? i might put tokico + tanabe spring.. i dont know yet

is there a way i can stick with 20'' ??

i see..there is not too much choice for 20x8 ...is it possible to go 20x8.5 front and rear or its better to keep the rear larger?

i didn't know 20'' could be bent easily...darn, im thinking to go lower with 18''..19'' could be nice but they are expensive and i got a pretty nice deal on 20''...

in other words, i should even not try to put those wheels right?

18's are best for a earlier LS as it has less power to move them as well as not having the larger wheel wells to fit them.

With 18's you will have much less of a problem with rubbing if any at all especially if you want to lower the car as well.

well i did some research, i found this guy :http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173347&highlight=wheels+ls400

20x8.5

245/35/20 tires all around

+38 offset

he had no issue at all, so do i take a chance and try this setup ? as for issues, do this depends on how the wheels are made ? i might forget about putting 20x9.5 in rear

• 2 weeks later...