Lexus Ls400 Red And Clear Tail Lights

Black on Black

I just got a pair of these red and clear tail lights off of ebay and they look like :censored: .

They are advertised to be new, but clearly the rubber seals were taken off of a used LS400 and put onto these with tacky glue. You can see the glue that seals several sections of the tail lights from the outside, the aluminum (or whatever it is) lining between the clear and the red section is warped and punctured etc..

All in all, these are of very poor craftsmanship and I am trying to get a refund - minus I pay the shipping.

I simply wanted tail lights that would help make the car look more 'new', but I will not sacrifice good craftsmanship for the sloppy aftermarket ones. I have seen several cars online with these tail lights and was wondering if anybody who has purchased this item has had a similar experience? Are there other brands that make this same unit?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you!

99% of all the taillights you see in red and clear are aftermarket ones with the same poor quality.

They are new units just made by sub par workers with a silicone gun. They all leak and have ill fitting seams. The only way to get better quality ones is to buy Junction produce ,wald or other high end replacements from japan for $500 and up.

Hi,

I just bought some and got them shipped to UK...

I found the quality quite good but was mis-informed that they are the same from US ans UK... not true, inner sections on US cars are about 4" longerand the lock location is different.

Fitted the outer sections OK but left with my old inner sections :angry:

Sounds like a lottery on the quality.