Gs Gas Tank

I have a 2006 GS 300.

The specs say the fuel tank is 18.8 Gallons...however, when the car tells me I have 20 miles left (i.e. about 1 Gallon by the math) and I go fill up the tank, I can only put in like 15 Gallons.

So in theory there is link 3.8 Gallons left when the computer is telling me there is only 1. Anyone else have this?

I have a 2006 GS 300.

The specs say the fuel tank is 18.8 Gallons...however, when the car tells me I have 20 miles left (i.e. about 1 Gallon by the math) and I go fill up the tank, I can only put in like 15 Gallons.

So in theory there is link 3.8 Gallons left when the computer is telling me there is only 1. Anyone else have this?

I have same problem with you.

im no expert and im just making a guess but i think because the pump stops filling when the gasoline becomes level with the end of the nozzle the full 18.8 gallon capacity cant be completely fullfilled unless you top off. but once again just a wild guess.

im no expert and im just making a guess but i think because the pump stops filling when the gasoline becomes level with the end of the nozzle the full 18.8 gallon capacity cant be completely fullfilled unless you top off. but once again just a wild guess.

Maybe it's just another ridiculous Lexus Safety Feature so you don't run out of gas

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just taking a guess as well because in my 2001 GS3 the most I've put in it at the pump was like 18 gallons and it supposedly has a 19.8 gallon tank. I would assume that the rest is probably reserve fuel.