Gs400 Suspension And Wheels

Sup, I have a '99 GS400 and I want to drop it and add 18" wheels...I was thinking of coil overs but looking at various types, Im not sure which one to go with. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, the width on the 18's should be what? 18x7.5, 18x8.0, 18x8.5? If someone has any info on which products I should go with or brands, and/or, the ones to stay away from. Also, through the people who have experience in dropping the GS, is the ride changed drastically? I know its determined on the type of suspension you get but please let me know. Im willing to spend anywhere from $1000-$1300 on suspension (coil overs). Thanks!

Sup, I have a '99 GS400 and I want to drop it and add 18" wheels...I was thinking of coil overs but looking at various types, Im not sure which one to go with. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, the width on the 18's should be what? 18x7.5, 18x8.0, 18x8.5? If someone has any info on which products I should go with or brands, and/or, the ones to stay away from. Also, through the people who have experience in dropping the GS, is the ride changed drastically? I know its determined on the type of suspension you get but please let me know. Im willing to spend anywhere from $1000-$1300 on suspension (coil overs). Thanks!

tein cs is about as good as it gets if you're concerned about the ride. you can adjust with an edfc controller.

make sure when you buy, you're getting the new revised tein cs because they just recently changed the design.

tein cs is about as good as it gets if you're concerned about the ride. you can adjust with an edfc controller.

make sure when you buy, you're getting the new revised tein cs because they just recently changed the design.

Does the EDFC controller come with the tien cs or is it something seperate?

If youre concerned with ride quality and dont want to spend a fortune you should consider l-tuned.

You'll be satisfied with TEIN CS, they'll give you great handling and drop if you want, very comfortable and quiet also in your price range of $1200.00.

From my expirience but not only, you'll never regret buying coilovers :)

Heres mine dropped with Older version of Tein CS bout 2'', and 19'' stagerred wheels

GS.bmp

We have 245/40 on the front and 275/35 on the back -- 18" Miglias with spacers to fit the hubs. See attached picture. We have Eibach Pro-Kit Springs and are neutral on the actual performance (don't love it, don't hate it).

The biggest thing to note is that lowering the car increases the amount of negative camber, which can wear out the inside of your tires. There is an adjustable camber bolt on our GS400 that our technician used to minimize the negative camber (it got it in spec anyway). Some negative is good anyway if you drive aggressively.

post-27180-1154316999_thumb.jpg