Groaning In Tight Turns

Harrier

Has anyone had a problem with RX 330 2005 air suspension autos emitting a groaning noise from the front when the car goes into a tight left or right turn? The noise is a combination of rythmical thump and groan, it sounds like a gear or other round, rotating part is going over a bump, or is causing friction against something. It is not a grinding sound or a sound as if something is seriously wrong. It happens typically when one has to drive up a tight spiral parking rampway, or make a tight turn all the way to the left or right of the wheel.

The dealer looked at it twice. The first time, it was raining, and the car could not reproduce the sound. The second time, there was a sound, which the dealer claimed was due to rubber parts rubbing together. The dealer sprayed the parts with a lubricant and the sound went away for about 4 minutes. The dealer claimed the rubber would gradually become harder and the sound would go away, but I think they just wanted to be rid of a hard-to-find problem for which they could not charge extra.

Any ideas? Thanks.

does the sound happen when the steering wheel is turned all the way? casue that would be on every car, this type of high end whistle. I have an 04 with air suspension and i dont think i have this problem. sorry, no help from me

The sound is not a whistle and it is not constant, it is a cyclical bump and groan when the steering wheel is turned all the way to the left or the right in a tight turn. I have driven plenty of other cars that don't make this sound, and it doesn't sound like a motor or a pump. More like a muffled friction sound. Thanks for the suggestions, anyway.