1995 Es300 Cassete Tape Adapter Ipod Don't Work

Hello I got an ipod and cassete adapter

Some old tape was in there and it wouldn't come out, eject didn't work and the tape wouldn't play, I pulled it out with lots of work and pliers.

Then I put the cassete adapater in and plugged it to ipod and press "TAPE"

It starts clicking, then I hear my song!!!!! Then it clicks again, stops, and I hear my song again!! Then just silence... Then after few seconds it switches to CD.

What is wrong, is the mechanism really broken inside or am I doing something wrong? I pressed every single button, fast forward, rbc something else etc and it just kept doing that. Oh yea it also won't eject this one with eject button either.

What makes me sad is that I know it can play it, since I hear a few seconds of the song when its clicking.

Anyone else have same problem and fix it??

Also what are my options for putting in new headunit that has regular aux input? Don't need cds or radio or anything.

I know i'd have to have a new surrounding case for it, are those only custom made?

Also I've read that if you change one thing you have to change everything else on es300 because system is fine tuned. .

I want to do that anyway because my back speakers don't work.

How much would that be around, for just average system and new speakers and amp?

I know its lots of questions but I been thinking about this last few days, I really want to play ipod songs in car, and don't want to use the radio thing.

Would really appreciate if someone has done it tell me what they went through or if there is fix for tape. Thanks in advance!!

• 2 months later...