Seats Shifting Left To Right

nc211

Anyone have their front seats shift from left to right when turning, maybe 1.4 inch or so shift? My mechanic told me they use to be able to just buy the part, which are those little plastic wheels the seats travel on. But now he said you have to buy the entire assembly instead, which run like $350 bucks and require the entire seat to be dismantled. Anyone have a jiffy-on-the-spot fix for this problem? Or know what part he was talking about and what the number might be?

I have a front driver's seat just like that. I just can't figure out where its shifting from and what is loose. Its very annoying. Sometimes when I brake and then accelerate again it shifts also. I pulled out the seat and checked it and could not duplicate the shifting and then re-installed and made sure those bolts were tight to specs. Still it continues to shift somewhere ever so slightly. Sorry I can't be of any help though...