Fuses For Factory Hitch Wiring?

Paul69camaro

Does any one know where these fuses are located on a 99 LX 470? My trailer lights quit working and I found that I'm not getting any power out of the factory connector on the hitch. Any ideas, Thanks

Paul

There are 3 fuse boxes in the car. Two of them beside the battery and one to the left bottom side near the brake pedal. Check your owner's manual under electrical for the exact fuse.

I checked the factory electrical manual. There's a 30A towing tail fuse (parking light), 30A tow fuse (this will provide power to the two brake lights/turning signal wires), then there's a 30A fuse for the electric brake. The other fuses are 30A from the battery (the +12v pin in the tow socket), 10A for the reverse signal (I think the yellow wire), plus other fuses for the stop light before it feeds into the brake controller. But if the latter were shot, you'd get no tail lights on your vehicle at all. From the manual, it appears like the +12v fuse for the socket is independent of the trailer turning/brake light pins and the trailer tail light pin.

Jim, Thanks for the help, It ended up being this 15 amp converter box behind the driver's tailight, Lexus said that the old units are known for going bad so they upgraded them. The kit came with all the factory connectors and I just had to run the new wires and 4-pin connector down to the hitch, it was pretty easy.

• 4 weeks later...

Jim, Thanks for the help, It ended up being this 15 amp converter box behind the driver's tailight, Lexus said that the old units are known for going bad so they upgraded them. The kit came with all the factory connectors and I just had to run the new wires and 4-pin connector down to the hitch, it was pretty easy.

PLEASE HELP ME Paul69camaro - I have the exact same problem and my dealer can not identify the problem or part that I'm referring to when I call. I used a voltage tester and have verified that the wires going into my converter are hot and the wires coming out are cold. Therefore the converter must be bad. Can you tell me the name of the replacement part or a part number or the name of the local Lexus dealer that you dealt with - maybe they can be of better assistance than my dealer. Thank you in advance!!! - Chris