Luke Warm To Cool A/c After Repair

sid1991ls

With temperatures hovering in the high 90's, I had to have my A/C repaired. I went to a local reputable shop and had the compressor replaced, received/drier, condensor, and expansion valve. When I left the shop it was in the evening and the AC cooled the car quickly. The past 2 days, the car struggles to get cool even. Here is the strage part; When I am stopped the a/c seems cool, yet when I am on the highway the a/c is luke warm. If anything, it should be the opposite.

I checked the pressure with a kit I had at home and the reading is a bit on the highside for pressure. Any thoughts, suggestions ideas are appreciated.

sid1991ls, I just posted to a similar thread 30 minutes ago: Cool Air

Do you notice the same temp differences in the varous vents and does change if you close one or more?

The temperature seems to be the same regardless of the vents or if I close one or more. I read your post and think that you may have something else going on in your system. With regards to mine, I am thinking that perhaps they put too much freon in the system or I have a leak and that is why it is not getting cold. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.

Understood.

My problem turned out (so far) to be a leaky high pressure hose, getting it replaced tomorrow.

Search the forum for "heater valve" and "blend door" some of those threads may give you an idea of why it's not blowing as cold as it should.