Audio System Died After Making Phone Call...

I had an odd experience today.

I was listening to a CD on my Mark Levinson system in my 2006 LS 430. I made a quick phone call via the Bluetooth hands-free system with the CD still running.

When my call was complete, I tried to return to the CD but got no audio. I tried everything (switching to FM, SAT, etc.). I made another phone call to see if the system would "remember" to switch back on. It didn't.

The only thing I didn't try was turning off the phone, however there was no indication on the phone that a call was in progress.

So, as a last resort, I pulled to the side of the road, turned off the ignition, then started it up again (re-boot?). It worked.

I've had my car for two months now and this is the first time this has happened. I hope it's the last.

Am I the only one?

I've had this happen (maybe two or three times over the course of a year.) in my '95 LS with a Nokia carphone. It was like the auto-mute got stuck, and shutting the car off and then turning it back on cured it. It's weird, but you're not alone! ;)

• 4 years later...

I had an odd experience today.

I was listening to a CD on my Mark Levinson system in my 2006 LS 430. I made a quick phone call via the Bluetooth hands-free system with the CD still running.

When my call was complete, I tried to return to the CD but got no audio. I tried everything (switching to FM, SAT, etc.). I made another phone call to see if the system would "remember" to switch back on. It didn't.

The only thing I didn't try was turning off the phone, however there was no indication on the phone that a call was in progress.

So, as a last resort, I pulled to the side of the road, turned off the ignition, then started it up again (re-boot?). It worked.

I've had my car for two months now and this is the first time this has happened. I hope it's the last.

Am I the only one?

You are not the only one with the problem, but who has the solution???

I have a new 2010 Lexus ES350 with less than 1k so far. It started out fine. Now in the last week, after hanging up, I get a "Phone call in progress" message on my Nav screen. I can't turn any audio on expect for guidance to destination on my Nav Map. I've tried everything I know to reset this problem, but can't find another solution other than turning the car off and back on.

Please HELP someone!!!