Removing Front Corner Light

Alan C

Yesterday, as I was washing and waxing my 93 LS, I noticed that my left front corner light (not the side marker) not only had some condensation in it, but also had about an inch and half of standing water inside.

My first question is: Can someone tell me how to remove this corner light fixture?

The second question: Once the piece is off, should I just get a whole new fixture or try repairing the original leaky one?

Thanks in advance for you input!

Alan C.

Lovin' my LS!

Your owners manual should have directions on removing the front corner lights, mine does.

As for your second question, it cant hurt to try an fix it and see if it holds up.

THIS thread should help. (Found it by doing a "front corner lights" Search.)

Yesterday, as I was washing and waxing my 93 LS, I noticed that my left front corner light (not the side marker) not only had some condensation in it, but also had about an inch and half of standing water inside.

My first question is: Can someone tell me how to remove this corner light fixture?

The second question: Once the piece is off, should I just get a whole new fixture or try repairing the original leaky one?

Thanks in advance for you input!

Alan C.

Lovin' my LS!

You will have to find out where the moisture is getting in and seal it completely if possible. Otherwise it will continue to attract moisture is it isn't air tight. I ordered a new one for mine.

Your owners manual should have directions on removing the front corner lights, mine does.

As for your second question, it cant hurt to try an fix it and see if it holds up.

THIS thread should help. (Found it by doing a "front corner lights" Search.)

Thanks so much!

You guys are great.

I love this Club!

Alan C.