2003 Es300 Navigation Override?

I've seen postings for newer cars where people have figured out how to override the annoying factor that the passenger can't make changes to the Navigation system while the car is in motion. Personally, I never would have bought the car if I knew that in advance. But that's another story. Has anyone successfully figured out how to override the system? My Navi is vers.02.1. Thanks!

Welcome to the LOC!

If you run a search there are some ways around it, but they're fairly involved and involve installing switches and splicing wires etc.

As for not buying the car had you known, didn't you test drive the car before you bought it?

Welcome to the LOC!

If you run a search there are some ways around it, but they're fairly involved and involve installing switches and splicing wires etc.

As for not buying the car had you known, didn't you test drive the car before you bought it?

I definitely don't want to mess around with splicing etc. The 2005 ES navi can be easily overridden by pressing a few buttons on the screen. I hoped that would be the case with the 2003.

Yes, I did test drive the car and the navi was directing us. The salesperson didn't say anything about not being able to program when the car is moving and I never knew that feature even existed since the other cars I looked at (Acura & Volvo) don't work like that. So I didn't know there was a question to ask. I didn't find out about it until I owned the car which was about 2 weeks prior to me moving from the East Coast to the West Coast. I was not and still am not a happy camper because of it. Thanks for your quick response.

Its kinda 50/50 companies that allow the system to operate and who don't. Its annoying I agree, but short of doing all that junk theres not much that we can do. The 04+ system does have an override but its complicated and needs to be done every time the car is started.

Its kinda 50/50 companies that allow the system to operate and who don't. Its annoying I agree, but short of doing all that junk theres not much that we can do. The 04+ system does have an override but its complicated and needs to be done every time the car is started.

Would you know if the '07 ES350 has the override feature? If it does I didn't read anything about it. :)

Yes, it should. There are step by step instructions in here. There is also a plugin for the 04+ nav system that pushes the I Agree button automatically I think. I think it was posted in the GX forum...

SINCE THE 2003 ES300 IS THE 2 PIECE NAVIGATION SYSTEM WITH THE COMPUTER ATTACHED TO RIGHT TRUNK CEILING ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS UPDATE THE WHOLE COMPUTER BOX TO GENERATION 4 OR 5 AND YOU WILL BE ABLE OVERIDE THE LOCKOUT WHILE DRIVING. here is a picture of an 01 rx300 nav screen showing the overide button. CLICK ON PICTURE TO ENLARGE IT.

post-1629-1152848045_thumb.jpg