Nav Screen Antiglare Coating

ratso

Ok, I've done searchs and I have not found this topic discussed. Sorry if I missed it.

I have a 2002 LX470 and the Nav screen is also used to control other functions as well, so it's used alot. Now my antiglare coating is coming off in frequenlty used areas making the screen blotchy and difficult to read. Is there anything that can be done to recoat or remove the antiglare coating? I've read alot of posts about cleaning the screen but not this problem.

I had the same problem. i have been able to remove most of the antiglare coating by cleaning the screen with a paper towel. It seems that once it starts to come off in some areas you can remove the rest of it with persistant scrubbing. I think that the references to "cleaning" the screen with alcohol and a cotton swab are actually people removing this coating.

• 2 weeks later...

What about applying some of that clear sheet protector material like you'd use on your PDA to protect it's screen? Seems like that might keep the anti-glare material from wearing off.

• 2 weeks later...

What about applying some of that clear sheet protector material like you'd use on your PDA to protect it's screen? Seems like that might keep the anti-glare material from wearing off.

I got one of those clear screen protectors from E-bay.

it covered the areas that were rubbed off and I can't even tell the diffrence anymore.

you just have to be super careful applying the cover. make sure not to leave any fingerprints on the backside of the cover.

D.J.