Upper Control Arms

Hey guys,

I'm new to these discussions, and I have a question. I just recently changed lower ball joints, and dealer recommended that I change the upper control arms because "there's a lot of play" in them. I figured it would improve the steering wheel feel, and handling, and possibly illiminate the slight vibration i feel around speeds of 60-65, after all, with 125K miles on it, she could use some new Upper arms. I've been reading here and I noticd that some guys change control arm bushings instead of the whole thing, so my question is:

Is replacing control arm bushings an option or do I have to replace the Upper control arm? are those even related or am I just mixed up in the terms?

I 'd appreciate any input, and would be glad to answer about anything that I know of

• 7 months later...

I acutally have the same problem and question as you and was wondering if anybody could offer any feedback..my car vibrates real bad when I stop especially at high speeds...I got the driver side control arm replaced and that cost $600 and I need the other one replaced on the passenger and was wondering myself if the control arm bushing would be a better solution..