Drying And Bug Remover

I have been using a natural chamois to dry my vehicle but tried a waffle microweave today. The microfiber did not do as a good a job as the chamois. What is the downside to using a chamois?

Also, I'm using some Turtle Wax Tar & Bug remover. When I use it, does it remove the wax (Zymol) and if so should I re-wax the areas where I've used the remover?

Thanks.

Tom

<><

My Website

Yes, the turtle wax WILL remove the wax and it will need to be reapplied to the area. Personally I havent ever needed bug remover on a well waxed car that gets washed weekly.

As for the waffleweave, where did you buy it? Quality can vary a LOT between manufacturers. As or the drawbacks of using a chamois there really aren't any if its a good quality sot genuine chamois. One is that you're more likely to scratch the paint if theres a peice of debris between the chamois and the paint, but if the chamois works for you then go for it. I've never been able to make a chamois work for me.

Steve, my car is Tungsten Pearl (silver). I've had three LS400s and one LS430, all of which have been the silver gray. I would love a black car but all the ones I've seen after a a year or two have very obvious paint nicks in the front bumper and hood.

Tom

<><

My next car will be silver LOL. I love the dark color when its clean, but it doesnt stay clean long...

How do you like the ES350 after so long in the LS?

The ride of the ES is not as good as the LS, which is to be expected. It is a little more harsh. Wind noise is comparable and road noise not quite as good. The rear seat space is not as amble but most of my driving is with my wife and me. When we have our kids and grandkids, we use our Toyota Sienna. The ES is plenty responsive and I sure like the gas mileage. I wish I could use regular gasoline. The trade-in difference between a new LS and the ES is what sealed the deal.

Tom

<><

My Website

You probably can use regular gasoline...

As for the ride and road noise, what are your tires aired to? Depending on the pressure and the tires the ES rides remarkably like the LS in my experience. Sure the LS is smoother and quieter, but the closeness of the ES is remarkable considering the price difference. My dad has an 04 LS430 and had a 98 LS400 for years which is what originally turned me on to Lexus. As long as you don't switch back and forth between the ES and the LS, you'll forget the difference in the ride.