Dvd / Bluetooth Bypass For 2006 Sc430

The "NAV" and "Handsfree" system is all controled by Navigation ECU and a few others. The Bluetooth controls are programed in to it and there is no way that I know of to change it. (my prius customers ask the same thing) Sorry.

The "NAV" and "Handsfree" system is all controled by Navigation ECU and a few others. The Bluetooth controls are programed in to it and there is no way that I know of to change it. (my prius customers ask the same thing) Sorry.

Are you saying there is no seperate speed input to the safety lockouts as in the other units?

I would not recomend doint this for the reason that most of the time when we try to "fool" one of the networked systems it dosent work. The Nv will not understand why the GPS has the car moving but there is no speed input. I'm shure that it will kick a NAV code. Now There is a slpice (4E) at the center dash and junction block (above the glove box) with 2 white/red wires. These are your speed input wires. If not there on the right side of the dash/dash support there is a conector (IG1). It is a 18 pin conector with white/red wires in pin 8 and 18. Pin 8 is for the NAV Ecu and pin 18 is for the Amp.

I would not recomend doint this for the reason that most of the time when we try to "fool" one of the networked systems it dosent work. The Nv will not understand why the GPS has the car moving but there is no speed input. I'm shure that it will kick a NAV code. Now There is a slpice (4E) at the center dash and junction block (above the glove box) with 2 white/red wires. These are your speed input wires. If not there on the right side of the dash/dash support there is a conector (IG1). It is a 18 pin conector with white/red wires in pin 8 and 18. Pin 8 is for the NAV Ecu and pin 18 is for the Amp.

I thought that this was exactly the 'fix' for the nav input on the 2006 GS. Is this a pullup signal or pull down -- should I shunt to ground or let float? I was thinking of making a patch cable so that I won't cut any of the original wires.

I guess I will have to make a run to the service department and see if they let me read through the schematics.

Thanks.