Changing Brakes

Grandpa

Well... i decided to put everything back together because I think I will wait for a new set of rotors to come in... However... when I put everything back together.... my parking brake light is on and it won't go away... something tells me it's because of my brake pads

If its the light with the exclamation mark in the middle then its only the float switch on your brake fluid reservoir, when the level gets low it turns on the warning light. Check the level and that the switch is still working OK by taking the cap off you reservoir moving the float up to the top of its shaft, light should be out, then move it down the shaft and the light should come back on.

If you are getting pads it might pay to get the fitting kit too. Are the anti squeal shims all present and accounted for on the old pads?

Yeah.. the shims are accounted for, but they look like crap... I should buy some new ones... they don't clip on the brakes too well... And yup, it was just low on break fluid since I removed nearly all of it

Yeah.. the shims are accounted for, but they look like crap... I should buy some new ones... they don't clip on the brakes too well

I held mine on to the pads with a tiny dab of high temperature silicone sealant hehehe, if it gets too hot it will just burn off, and once they are in there they won't fall out.

What about the light?

Well... I just called up to Superior Lexus for the clips on the calliperCIMG0215.jpg and it costs $40 for the clips + freight/shipping... is there an alternative? I don't really want to pay $40 for a bunch of these clips... and how do I put these clips on anyways? super glue? lol

Also, how do these rotors and brake pads look? I want to save money, but also get some quality.

rotors

brake pad

Well... I just called up to Superior Lexus for the clips on the calliper and it costs $40 for the clips + freight/shipping... is there an alternative? I don't really want to pay $40 for a bunch of these clips... and how do I put these clips on anyways? super glue? lol

Also, how do these rotors and brake pads look? I want to save money, but also get some quality.

Fair enough, I was lucky and didn't have any missing. But there are three things you should NEVER skimp on when working with cars. Brakes, steering and tyres. Pretty much everthing else can fail and you stand a good chance of surviving. It is your choice, we can only offer our opinions.

I didn't put original equipment on mine and they are fine, but again its a personal choice. The ones you linked look OK from the photos.

Funnily enough the clips just clip in!

Let us know how you are getting on.

you're kidding me... they just clip in!?!?!?!?! so how does that prevent it from falling out lol

Once everything is bolted up there is no way for them to fall out. Putting it all together takes a bit of practice, but we didn't tell you that till NOW! It is fairly obvious once you have all the parts on hand.

:cheers:

• 1 year later...