Transmission Problems

RSantos

I have brought my car for maintenance and claimed hesitations in my transmision. They test drove it and did not find any problems. I usually feel like I have to heavily :chairshot: gun my accelerator down after shifting and it feels like the engine gets a little agitated :angry: when stepping on the accelerator. This happens mostly on my first and second gear. Is it also normal that the first gear's response is shorter than most cars? I feel the agitation on the first gear when it reaches 5000 rpm and feel the need of shifting to second gear instantly when it reaches such rpm. I might be paranoid but I'd like to make sure whether or not it's problem or not. :huh: Thank you for you help....

I don't personally own an IS300, but if your car is within two years old I would not worry. My friend has one, and because it is a 5 speed high performance car, the gear ratios will be much closer together, which translates into fast times at the track. It isn't a grocery getter vehicle that has you driving first gear from 0 to 20 and second from 20 to 35 with fourth gear for the expressway.

But if you noticed a CHANGE in performance, I would look into it.

Sorry I couldn't help more. B)