Motorola Q

I bought the new Motorola Q and was able to upload the contacts into the phone book. However, the names appear grey when they are displayed and nothing happens when you press them, although the phone is paired.

Any similar experiences?

Out of topic, but how do you like your Q?

The Q is an engineering marvel, but there is no way I can use it to process my email because I do too much over 75 per day that require complete answers.

Also, the web browser is more of a novelty because of it's size. For business, I still need my RAZR with Broadband Access, Navigation and complete connectivity with my laptop - none of which I can do with the Q.

I bought the new Motorola Q and was able to upload the contacts into the phone book. However, the names appear grey when they are displayed and nothing happens when you press them, although the phone is paired.

Any similar experiences?

Is the car moving? The phone book is non functioning with the car in motion. Names need to be in the speed dial menu in order to call while moving. See if you can call from the address book with the car still.

Out of topic, but how do you like your Q?

The Q is an engineering marvel, but there is no way I can use it to process my email because I do too much over 75 per day that require complete answers.

Also, the web browser is more of a novelty because of it's size. For business, I still need my RAZR with Broadband Access, Navigation and complete connectivity with my laptop - none of which I can do with the Q.

The Q should have broadband access and connectivity with your laptop...

Any similar experiences?

Is the car moving? The phone book is non functioning with the car in motion. Names need to be in the speed dial menu in order to call while moving. See if you can call from the address book with the car still.

No, what is the command to dial from the phonebook while the car is stopped?

• 1 month later...

Any similar experiences?

The Motorola Q phonebook uses an MS Outlook format. This format seems to contain to much information for the 2005-2006 models to hold. If you have more information than just a name and phone number, most likely the information will be unusable through the navigation screen.

I love my Q as well! How did you get your address book to upload?

Pair the Q with the Lexus and then use the Bluetooth Manager in Object Push Mode.

As the other poster said, unless the Outlook data is pristine, though, you can send corrupted data to your phonebook that are impossible to delete. The phone number format must be strictly numeric 1234567890, with no punctuation or space characters.

My BMW was quite different. All I did was pair the phone with the car and everything transferred automatically. Lexus uses the Object Push Profile of Bluetooth while most of the other cars use the Synchronization Profile - much better.

The Bluetooth standards were adopted in 2003 and the car-phone interoperability problems are still horrible, with Lexus (Denso carkit) and Verizon being the worst.