Microfiber Towls

I've taken Steve's advice and tossed my all natural chamois and bought a pack of Microfiber towels to use on the car for drying and waxing.

The towels are not very absorbent and leave streaks which dry into spots.

(The natural chamois never did this)

Now, I was waxing the car anyway so I was able to buff these spots off, but what if I'm just washing and drying?

What's up with the lousy drying action of these microfibers?

Did I get crap towels, or should I be using a jellyblade to remove most of the water and then drying?

Thanks!

BTW, the towels are great for waxing and cleaning the interior!

What type of towels did you buy and where did you buy them.

As a rule typical Microfiber isn't very absorbent, ESPECIALLY if its ever been in contact with wax. What you need for drying is a Waffle Weave MF towel or two:

http://www.pakshak.com/ultra-soft-waffle-w...el-25x36-1.html

They are much more absorbent and will dry wet paint to a shine in one wipe. Its important never to let wax anywhere near them though, even wash them seperately or the wax will lessen their absorbency.

What type of towels did you buy and where did you buy them.

As a rule typical Microfiber isn't very absorbent, ESPECIALLY if its ever been in contact with wax. What you need for drying is a Waffle Weave MF towel or two:

http://www.pakshak.com/ultra-soft-waffle-w...el-25x36-1.html

They are much more absorbent and will dry wet paint to a shine in one wipe. Its important never to let wax anywhere near them though, even wash them seperately or the wax will lessen their absorbency.

Ok, I guess you get what you pay for.

I was in a local Walmart and picked up a pack of 8 (Micro-tek or something like that)

I know they are cheap. I followed the wash instructions after using them, and they're already falling apart.

Lesson learned.

They did work great for buffing off wax and for cleaning the interior.

Now I know not to mix them up.... I'll get different colors when I replace these.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, thats why. The towels bought at Walmart are better suited for interior and door jambs. The towels you get from pakShak will be much higher quality.

I agree I just ordered some from them, and they are very good quality, I haven't used them yet though.