2007 Rx-350 After Market Radio

OK, What a mess. Have a standard "Premium" audio system - no ML or Nav. Have a Panasonic Sirius radio from my last vehicle (touch screen turns black and plain when off - nice security) and used it with the AUX IN for my iPod. Worked really well. Was quoted $600 to get Sirius installed by the dealer which would still leave me without a hard wired iPod. Figured I would just do like I did in my last 2 vehicles. Remove the factory HU, install with a Metra harness my own reciever, enjoy till I sell the vehicle and then reinstall the original factory HU. Done this many times in the past. Audis, Chryslers, Acuras - no problems. What's with Lexus. What an inconsiderate mess. No Metra harness listed. No DIN install panels. Reading everything I can on the Forum just makes it worse. Chopping into the factory wiring harness to install relays with a hidden switch - come on - get real. No wiring harness info - spend more money on All-Data to get even more mixed up. Not going to spend $300 for a special converter which lets me use the ridiculous small display on the factory HU to see cyphered portions of whats on my iPod screen. HEY, LEXUS, JUST PUT AN AUX IN PLUG ON THE RADIO. Tried the Metra 70-8113 Toyota harness and the radio works but no sound through the factory amp and speakers. Yes, the blue wires are connected. I have run out of ideas except taking it to an aftermarket install company and begging for help with this. Bought on ebay the really nice and expensive $100 "04-06 LEXUS RX330 RADIO ADAPTOR GPS NAV SATELLITE" bottom replacement panel in order to mount my DIN HU in the car. Took 3 hours of playing around, drilling, snipping and trial & error in order to get this to work. Not set up for a DIN radio slide-in and bolt -in install. Need to drill some new mounting holes and snip off most of the internal bracing on the black cover piece. Size of recessed panel which looks like a "pop out" is not the right size and not a "pop out". Be forewarned - cut carefully, plan ahead. Looks great but what a job - not for the timid. Not intersted in a complete Uber sound system replacement. Just want to hook up an after market radio HU which does what I want and have it play through the factory amp and speakers. Don't think that is too much to expect.

1. Metra 70-8113 harness appears to work. Radio works. All wires hooked up as instructed, RCA's hooked up per instructions and triple checked.

2. No sound at all. Blue/white wire is hooked up.

3. Anyone got an easy solution.

• 5 months later...

I too am on the same boat i cant seem to get the radio to play sound plase let me know how u get sound from factory amp

OK, What a mess. Have a standard "Premium" audio system - no ML or Nav. Have a Panasonic Sirius radio from my last vehicle (touch screen turns black and plain when off - nice security) and used it with the AUX IN for my iPod. Worked really well. Was quoted $600 to get Sirius installed by the dealer which would still leave me without a hard wired iPod. Figured I would just do like I did in my last 2 vehicles. Remove the factory HU, install with a Metra harness my own reciever, enjoy till I sell the vehicle and then reinstall the original factory HU. Done this many times in the past. Audis, Chryslers, Acuras - no problems. What's with Lexus. What an inconsiderate mess. No Metra harness listed. No DIN install panels. Reading everything I can on the Forum just makes it worse. Chopping into the factory wiring harness to install relays with a hidden switch - come on - get real. No wiring harness info - spend more money on All-Data to get even more mixed up. Not going to spend $300 for a special converter which lets me use the ridiculous small display on the factory HU to see cyphered portions of whats on my iPod screen. HEY, LEXUS, JUST PUT AN AUX IN PLUG ON THE RADIO. Tried the Metra 70-8113 Toyota harness and the radio works but no sound through the factory amp and speakers. Yes, the blue wires are connected. I have run out of ideas except taking it to an aftermarket install company and begging for help with this. Bought on ebay the really nice and expensive $100 "04-06 LEXUS RX330 RADIO ADAPTOR GPS NAV SATELLITE" bottom replacement panel in order to mount my DIN HU in the car. Took 3 hours of playing around, drilling, snipping and trial & error in order to get this to work. Not set up for a DIN radio slide-in and bolt -in install. Need to drill some new mounting holes and snip off most of the internal bracing on the black cover piece. Size of recessed panel which looks like a "pop out" is not the right size and not a "pop out". Be forewarned - cut carefully, plan ahead. Looks great but what a job - not for the timid. Not intersted in a complete Uber sound system replacement. Just want to hook up an after market radio HU which does what I want and have it play through the factory amp and speakers. Don't think that is too much to expect.

1. Metra 70-8113 harness appears to work. Radio works. All wires hooked up as instructed, RCA's hooked up per instructions and triple checked.

2. No sound at all. Blue/white wire is hooked up.

3. Anyone got an easy solution.

• 1 month later...

first of all i am an oem lexus audio video expert not aftermarket but i will give a few facts. all lexus electronic units have an avc lan system that will only communicate with lexus oem equipment. i assume the factory amp wont turn on because the headunit is aftermarket. so the connection to the factory speakers would have to be at the amp behind the rear seat to the speaker output connector thereby by passing the amp. second the factroy bezel you bought on ebay is for oem factory 1 piece navigation system that installs perfectly in it with no mods. so the bezel isnt aftermarket like all the other bezels on ebay.

I'd call metra and see if you for sure have the right harness. Companies are coming out with so many different wiring systems it's definitely keeping companies like metra working overtime. Metra > metraonline.com. If not, pac-audio (pac-audio.com) might offer a solution.

first of all i am an oem lexus audio video expert not aftermarket but i will give a few facts. all lexus electronic units have an avc lan system that will only communicate with lexus oem equipment. i assume the factory amp wont turn on because the headunit is aftermarket. so the connection to the factory speakers would have to be at the amp behind the rear seat to the speaker output connector thereby by passing the amp. second the factroy bezel you bought on ebay is for oem factory 1 piece navigation system that installs perfectly in it with no mods. so the bezel isnt aftermarket like all the other bezels on ebay.

So, if I were to buy a Lexus Nav radio and the double DIN face, I could plug-and-play that system into the current amp, etc? Assuming of course that I add the GPS antenna and speed sensors? I saw someone in the UK selling this set-up but to keep things local, I should be able to source the bits I assume? Might be worth considering versus the Panasonic - at least until I see the price difference!

Cheers