How Long Do These Cars Last

Hey guys, I currently own an LS 400 1992 unfortunately it is reaching its 200.000 mile point, where I have to sell it. It is at 198.000 miles, so I have to sell it fast before the car loses its value. I am eyeing the ES 300.

I tried checking the Lexus official site but its already updated with the newest 2007 ES, and does not give me any specs for the older models. Preferably I am looking to get 2003-2004 ES 300/250. However before going to the dealer I would appreciate if I have these basic questions answered from all the pros here.

1. How long do these cars last, If I decide to finance one, in the 2002 range with about 40-50 thousand miles, can I expect this car to run up to 200.000 miles with proper maintenance.

2. How much do these cars go far ( Year 2003-2004 | 40-50 thousand miles )

3. With the gas prices today, especially for me I am a New Yorker, how does this car go city/highway. ( if possible include the hp and the engine size ) I am guessing it might be a bit better than my 18/23 V8 4.0

4. What are some major cons and pros in this car.

Any answer would be helpful. :)

Thanks,

Nick.

Hey guys, I currently own an LS 400 1992 unfortunately it is reaching its 200.000 mile point, where I have to sell it. It is at 198.000 miles, so I have to sell it fast before the car loses its value. I am eyeing the ES 300.

First of all, why? Why does rolling over 200k miles make that much difference?

Preferably I am looking to get 2003-2004 ES 300/250.

ES300 or ES330, the 250 was only made from 90-91. The 330 came out in 04.

1. How long do these cars last, If I decide to finance one, in the 2002 range with about 40-50 thousand miles, can I expect this car to run up to 200.000 miles with proper maintenance.

Sure, I don't see why not depending on whether or not its been properly cared for.

2. How much do these cars go far ( Year 2003-2004 | 40-50 thousand miles )

I saw a 2003 on the lot the other day for 29k with 50k miles. I think thats high. I'd expect to pay $29k for a loaded 04, 25k for a loaded 03 with that mileage.

3. With the gas prices today, especially for me I am a New Yorker, how does this car go city/highway. ( if possible include the hp and the engine size ) I am guessing it might be a bit better than my 18/23 V8 4.0

I wouldn't expec mileage much better. I get 19 or so in the city and 25 max on the highway high test. Now, you don't have to run high test in a 04 330, only in an 03 300.

4. What are some major cons and pros in this car.

In my opinion the major con is the throttle hesitation issue. You should drive several of them extensively to see if this effects you or not, it may not. If it does it will drive you crazy. If it doesn't then its a non-issue.

Other than that, theres not much. I love mine, its been a terriffic car. I get a lot of compliments on it.