Radio Wiring

razahyde

well as some of you might kno i had been in the market for a head unit. i got a good deal on the Alpine IVA-D310 for $800 w/ a lexus dash kit so i went ahead and bout that. but man theres so many wires on this thing lol and so many wires on back of my head unit. anyone kno which wires which on the back of the head unit and how will i go about bypassing my stock amp.

- does the stock amp only power the sub or does it power the speakers too

There is a place in the UK that sells a wiring harness adapter for the standard LS radio. I have te Nakamachi so to change it out I would be forced to replace the amp as well.

I believe that you would be safe with the standard amp and just replacing the head unit.

There is a place in the UK that sells a wiring harness adapter for the standard LS radio. I have te Nakamachi so to change it out I would be forced to replace the amp as well.

I believe that you would be safe with the standard amp and just replacing the head unit.

ok well i found the +12 from my old head unit and i can get the head unit to power on and off once the ignition is turned on but how can i get the speakers to work i think only the sub is powered by the amp and i dont care about that i just want the speakers are the powered by the stock head unit or does the amp power those too. if the amp doesnt power it then which wires are the ones from my stock head unit that lead to the speakers

-any help is appreciated