Problem With Vsc

Smokey

Lately I've been having problems with the VSC in my 98 ls400.

I just went to the dealer today for the second time on this problem. Today they said they found a code for the yaw rate sensor. It was intermitently working. Okay but they wont replace it because it wasnt a fail code. They reset everything and said it checked out normal. I took the car home and tonight while I was driving home the Check VSC red dot came back on. I am going to talk to them tomorrow about it and see what they will do.

I was curious though looking through the posts I saw the following.

DEAD BATTERY post. This guy said replacing his dead battery fixed his VSC problem.

Is that a common problem with low battery and VSC. I do remember the service guy saying the battery could be low but then he said they checked the alternator and it was charging at normal rates but I don't recall him checking the battery voltage.

Anyways I am calling them tomorrow to see if they will replace the yaw sensor but I just wanted to see if anyone had had any problem similar and know of an other solution.

Thanks

Smokey :(

VSC is Lexus' stability control system. It has yaw sensors that sense if the car is in a slide, then applies brakes to certain wheels to correct the skid.

Have they tried cleaning the yaw or ABS sensors?