Question About Sub In 91 Ls400

My sub in my 91 LS400 has been rattling, I guess I blew it. I need a new sub and was wondering if anybody has any suggestions. I do not want a lot of bass, maybe a little more than stock. I want something nice and clean, and something I can just replace the old sub with without changing anything else. Does anybody have any reccomendations? I want something fairly cheap, and maybe the same size as the stock one so I can just replace it in the same spot. Is this even possible? Thanks for any help and reccomendations.

Billy

My sub in my 91 LS400 has been rattling, I guess I blew it. I need a new sub and was wondering if anybody has any suggestions. I do not want a lot of bass, maybe a little more than stock. I want something nice and clean, and something I can just replace the old sub with without changing anything else. Does anybody have any reccomendations? I want something fairly cheap, and maybe the same size as the stock one so I can just replace it in the same spot. Is this even possible? Thanks for any help and reccomendations.

Billy

there are no aftermarket 2 ohm subwoofers.

So my only option for a replacement sub is to get a stock one and put it in? Or is there any kind of converter thing I can use to put an aftermarket sub in? And if I can only use a stock sub, where can I get one? Thanks for any help.

Billy

Pioneersbury, I found this sub, it seems like its an 8" 2 ohm sub, would this work?

8" 2 ohm sub

So my only option for a replacement sub is to get a stock one and put it in? Or is there any kind of converter thing I can use to put an aftermarket sub in? And if I can only use a stock sub, where can I get one? Thanks for any help.

Billy

Pioneersbury, I found this sub, it seems like its an 8" 2 ohm sub, would this work?

8" 2 ohm sub

the original was only 80 watts max. it would be hard for the amp to match up to the 250 to 500 watt max but at least the 2 ohms would be right.

• 2 months later...