Lexus Alarm Malfunctioning

I have a 2000 LX470. I had a compustar alarm and eclipse avn5435 installed about 6 months ago. Recently I had the stereo guys try to add a ipod adaptor to no avail. Since then, my car battery has dies, the lexus red icon for security blinks on and off and today the doors wouldn't stay locked and the lexus factory alarm keeps going off. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions. I could really use the help. Thanks in advance

You have a problem with a door pin setting off the alarm

You have a problem with a door pin setting off the alarm

What is a door pin setting? Where is it located in the vehicle. I'm thinking the alarm guys will ask me. How is it adjusted? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to avoid the insane asylum.

Door pins are usually located on the edge of the doors frames . It tells the car if a door is open or not which can activate the alarm or interior light.

I would check to make sure the rear liftgate is sealing tight as well by shaking it to make sure the interior light does not turn on at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I would like to know too. I have the same exacr problem with my 2002 LX470. Just recenetly, when I drive and lock the car, the lock opens again. when I leave the car locked, it will re open by itself. also my alam when I set it, I do not get the flashing lights with horn sound also, just the horn shound.

Any idea...

glad it worked.

Any idea on what they did to fix it?