Hard Wire Fm Transmitter In 93ls 400

akewlguy

Trying to use a FM transmitter. The reception in the city is okay at best so I was wondering if one could hard wire to system?

Since the CD changer has "ERR" message every time its over 50 degrees... I guess I need to do something.. Anyone get the changer fixed?

Or is there a way to install a new CD changer? Thanks

Trying to use a FM transmitter. The reception in the city is okay at best so I was wondering if one could hard wire to system?

Since the CD changer has "ERR" message every time its over 50 degrees... I guess I need to do something.. Anyone get the changer fixed?

Or is there a way to install a new CD changer? Thanks

It can be done. I did it about a month ago.

I bought a good quality FM modulator. It was fairly easy to install, but the sound quality is a little dissapointing. The sound quality is much better when compared to a wireless FM modulator, but nowhere near that of a CD or straight radio. I have to turn up the output volume on the iPod to near full power and also turn up the stereo past normal to get a good volume level while listening. On occasion I can also hear a little high frequency "white noise" that increases or decreases in pitch correspondingly w/ the RPMs on the car. I think that the tape adaptor actually sounds better (but my tape player no longer works).

The best thing would be to replace the head unit w/ one that has an iPod adaptor. IMHO single DIN units are too small and look very out of place in the dash w/ all of that blank plastic around them. I have yet to see anyone put in a double DIN head unit in the dash.

Yeah I love the way the deck looks in the dash and dont want to get stock.. I have an SONY MP3 player that would be awesome, but I dont want to remove the stock.

Yeah I have to jack up the volume to get just about anything.. IT SUCKS

this is made by pioneer and looks like it has the same dimensions as our stock ls ones, also i think only the head unit is of nak electronics all the looms and changer are pioneer so the odds of compatability are fairly good???!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/prod...2869141,00.html

FH-P4200MP

In-Dash Double-DIN CD/Cassette Receiver with MP3/WMA/WAV/iTunes AAC Playback

Suggested Price: $380.00

(1573 KB, 225 sec @56k)

(119 KB, 17 sec @56k)

FH-P4200MP Regular

FH-P4200MP Remote small

Close Up Front View

Close Up of Remote Control

Product Overview Product Specifications Product Accessories

Got a double-DIN headunit space? We have one word for you: FH-P4200MP. It’s the King Kong of headunits and it fits perfectly into your dash. But that’s not all: playback includes not only MP3 and WMA, but also CDs with iTunes® AAC files — a world’s first! This model delivers DSP with 9-Band Graphic EQ for customizing your vehicle’s sound. And it’s ready for Satellite Radio (XM or Sirius) and our hot iPod Adapter shipping in Spring ‘05.

Apple iTunes logoiTunes® AAC Playback Compatibility!

Here’s an important world’s first from Pioneer: Apple iTunes AAC compatibility! The FH-P4200MP can play CDs with AAC files ripped using Apple’s iTunes Media Player. Now you can make iTunes your one-stop music player for your PC, iPod and CDs as well.

(Note: Not compatible with DRM-protected music purchased from Apple iTunes Music Store)

MP3/WMA Playback Included

MP3+WMA logoPlus, the FH-P4200MP plays your MP3 and WMA files. This gives you huge flexibility with the types of music you can play and the sources that your music can come from. Each CD-R or CD-RW disc you burn has the capacity to hold up to ten complete albums of MP3 music and twenty for AAC/WMA discs. Trust us, that's a lot of music. And since these CDs hold so much data, you'll be happy to know that Pioneer MP3 headunits also include a random play mode. You'll also be pleasantly surprised to find that our players support ID3 Tags and AAC/WMA text, which display artist, title, track and album information, just like your computer. Last but not least, our Digital Speedread2 mechanism speeds up track-to-track access, cutting down on the wait time. It can actually access an MP3 file faster than most receivers access a CD-Audio file.

DSP with 9-Band Graphic EQ

Big size calls for big controls, and the FH-P4200MP gives it to you, with DSP settings with a 9-band graphic equalizer. With DSP your vehicle can become a Jazz Club. A Studio. A Stadium, a Dome, and more. You choose. And the 9-band EQ lets you fine-tune your sound just the way you like it, to fit your vehicle or just to fit your mood.

Double-DIN Size for a Perfect Fit

If your vehicle has a double space for a headunit, don’t even THINK about: go with the double-DIN sized FH-P4200MP. It’s custom-made for your vehicle. It fits tight and it looks right. The install will go fast. And with the double-sized headunit you get an over-sized display, showing lots of info that’s easy to read.

SAT Radio Ready logoSatellite Radio Ready? Ready.

Satellite Radio. It’s digital, high-quality programming beamed from satellites. And the signal that doesn’t fade, no matter where you drive. It offers commercial-free music of nearly every genre, plus talk, news, sports, weather, and more. There are two companies that offer this great product — XM Radio and Sirius Satellite Radio — and the FH-P4200MP is compatible with both of these subscription-based services. So you choose. You’ll just need a Pioneer digital satellite tuner to match the satellite service you select.

iPod Adapter Ready!

Attention current and future iPod owners: this deck can be your gateway to taking your iPod music collection on the road! The new Pioneer CD-IB100 iPod Adapter is now available to add to your Pioneer headunit. Once you connect this adapter, you can control your iPod through the headunit and even view album, artist, and other music info on its display. The Pioneer iPod adapter powers your iPod and even re-charges its internal battery. Just think: now you can play all of your iPod tunes via a powerful Pioneer mobile audio system!

iPod and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.

XM Satellite Radio is a subscription service not affiliated with Pioneer Electronics - service is available only in the 48 continental U.S. states (not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories). More information is available at www.xmradio.com.

Sirius Satellite Radio is a subscription service not affiliated with Pioneer Electronics - service is available only in the 48 continental U.S. states (not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories). More information is available at www.siriusradio.com.