Parking Assist

When trying to set up the parking assist... it allows you to select the distance for the rear... but not the front??

Also the only time the front comes on is when I'm only 1" away from the obj. in front of me... and then its only yellow and not red..

Is this normal???

When trying to set up the parking assist... it allows you to select the distance for the rear... but not the front??

Also the only time the front comes on is when I'm only 1" away from the obj. in front of me... and then its only yellow and not red..

Is this normal???

I played with the Parking Assist on the IS 250 I test drove and found it to be a waste of time.

I think it would be nice to know when I'm 6 inches away from a wall in a parking garage but I'm not that person who cannot parallel park either.

I found the option to be less than user friendly and when I shared my opinion with the Sales Manager, she said that most agree with me and the '06 model is the first and last IS model to offer it.

It wont be available in '07.

I believe the Backup Camera will remain an option though.

Is this normal???

I played with the Parking Assist on the IS 250 I test drove and found it to be a waste of time.

I think it would be nice to know when I'm 6 inches away from a wall in a parking garage but I'm not that person who cannot parallel park either.

I found the option to be less than user friendly and when I shared my opinion with the Sales Manager, she said that most agree with me and the '06 model is the first and last IS model to offer it.

It wont be available in '07.

I believe the Backup Camera will remain an option though.

I cant see them doing away with the rear parking assist also... I bet that Salesman was just playing your cords!

I would like to see this on my next IS (IS500 I hope.. :) )