93 Lexus Ls400 Stock Cd Changer Installation Question

goheel

Hi,

the CD changer on my 93 LS400 is dead, so I bought a 92 CD changer and installed it. The problem is that my dash controller doesn't recognize the changer. When I press CD on the controller, nothing came up. Is there any special thing I have to do when I changed the CD changer?

Hi,

the CD changer on my 93 LS400 is dead, so I bought a 92 CD changer and installed it. The problem is that my dash controller doesn't recognize the changer. When I press CD on the controller, nothing came up. Is there any special thing I have to do when I changed the CD changer?

You need a 93-94 changer. Disconnect the neg. battery terminal before you start the changeout. Good luck getting a changer in good enough condition/time used/etc... If you can find someone who will rebuild the original changer that would be the best option, That is, If you want to keep the entegrity of the car and keep the original system in working order.

Keep us up to date on this. :cheers:

Hi,

You need a 93-94 changer. Disconnect the neg. battery terminal before you start the changeout. Good luck getting a changer in good enough condition/time used/etc... If you can find someone who will rebuild the original changer that would be the best option, That is, If you want to keep the entegrity of the car and keep the original system in working order.

Keep us up to date on this.:cheers:

Hi DC, while we're on the subject, would you know who can fix the changer? And how long can I expect that to last once fixed? I have a 90 LS with the same problem, I was thinking about switching it with a 92-96 es300 changer, but if I can retain mine i'd rather do that! Thanx for your input :cheers: