Common 02 Is 300 Problems

surf_smarter

uhh no common problems, but something im constantly getting out of my warranty is the battery...seems to die out a little fast...but i dont use it everyday. A common symptom of this is the amount of time you have to crank the car to start it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

uhh no common problems, but something im constantly getting out of my warranty is the battery...seems to die out a little fast...but i dont use it everyday. A common symptom of this is the amount of time you have to crank the car to start it.

yeah, just bought an 02IS, and experiencing the same/similar battery issues when it sits for awhile, any more info you have on that?

well, the IS isnt my primary car and usually sits in my garage. I have learned to use it at least once a week to prevent this, and actually drive it for 15 minutes to let the battery charge up. Keep in mind that lexus will change it for free. My 04 RX just left me stranded because the battery died. Keep in mind warranty is gone as i am past 50K miles on it. Lexus still changed it for me when i brought it in.