Dial A Phone Number While Driving?

Dial a phone number while driving? Is there a way to bypass the phone dialing on the GPS screen with a work around like the tempory one for inputing addresses into the GPS while driving?

Not sure cause I have not tried it yet... but try your voice commands... I know you can use the Nav via voice commands when driving.. so I would think the cell works the same...

I was wondering if I could dial without using the voice dial. Example...I want to dial a phone number from my car phone book.

Yes.. go into your phone book on the Nav Screen... under the person name click on edit.... in there you can set up "name dial"....

I've find it a pain in the a$$.... 2 slow for me.... so I still use my cell to dial the numbers... 2sec.. compared to a "Safe Way" of 20 secs.... No thanks.. :)

I was wondering if I could dial without using the voice dial. Example...I want to dial a phone number from my car phone book.

Yes.. go into your phone book on the Nav Screen... under the person name click on edit.... in there you can set up "name dial"....

I've find it a pain in the a$$.... 2 slow for me.... so I still use my cell to dial the numbers... 2sec.. compared to a "Safe Way" of 20 secs.... No thanks.. :)

I played with this feature a while (setting up my phone book, assigning the voice name, etc.) and it truly is not that spectacular. In order to call someone "hands free" from the Map View Screen:

- Press the Phone icon on your steering wheel.

- Press the phone book on the screen.

- Say the name.

A much faster way is to simply, hit the icon on your steering wheel then select the speed dial number of the person you want to call. It took 3/4 less time!

These are just my findings. Yours may vary.

-Gary