Warm Air Coming From Air Vents

andre

hello to all of you,

i'm new to this forum but i think you guys have a lot of info to share.

first about my lex: i bought it 12mnts ago -it drives like every lex should! it's 1992, silver, 255K km, full Toyota service untill 225K, very clean and well cared for!!!

my problem is, that when not using a/c, the air from vents is more than warm at a temp. setting of 18 deg.(which is ok in winter) but in summer it is not very nice -the only way to drive and not to cook in it, is to open windows a bit to get some cool air from outside...

any idea what to do...

regs andre

hello to all of you,

i'm new to this forum but i think you guys have a lot of info to share.

first about my lex: i bought it 12mnts ago -it drives like every lex should! it's 1992, silver, 255K km, full Toyota service untill 225K, very clean and well cared for!!!

my problem is, that when not using a/c, the air from vents is more than warm at a temp. setting of 18 deg.(which is ok in winter) but in summer it is not very nice -the only way to drive and not to cook in it, is to open windows a bit to get some cool air from outside...

any idea what to do...

regs andre

Fix/repair/adjust the hot water flow control valve in the engine compartment at the top center of the firewall.

As you change the temperature control from maximum hot to maximum cold the valve control cable coming through the firewall, driven by the blend door servomotor, should move the valve from fully open to FULLY closed.

also check the rubber seal along top rear of engine bay that prevents under- hood air getting sucked up into the air intake which is behind the mesh under your wipers. Do u notice it is worst when u are sitting in traffic? the faster u go the more outside air flow across hood kills the hot air from under the hood getting drawn in the vents. My seal apears to be missing totally, and i have the same problem.

thanks guys, i'll have a look tomorrow...

g'day fish -how is australia? where do you live (i lived for 20years in melbourne)

how is your lex doing? any other problems?

let's stay in touch

regs andre

hi there

yes im in brisbane. sunny queensland.

the lex is a 92 with 240000km , 150,000 miles, silver. All stock.

has a low power problem i been chasing for months. Have done belt, w/pump, plugs, leads, caps, rotors,

as well as steer pump and rack recon, fan hub,starter recon, front upper arms with ball joints and bushes,

and lower front ball joints.

THE POWER PROBLEM;

full throttle start goes ok til about 4000 then gets doughey, not missing, and struggles to 5500 and changes up.

am trying an injector clean job, on- car tomorrow, guy says he checks fuel pump, flow and pressure b 4 he cleans, to eliminate any promlems in the system.

my feeling is a sensor or wiring fault is telling the ecu to !Removed! the ignition to limit power.

I have no codes.

any thoughts appreciated.

PS if i use regular unleaded instead of premium, there is no performance difference.

swordfish