Depreciation Costs

CooperaRX

Last Wednesday some idiot rear ended my wife in our 2001 RX 300. He claimed fault of course and she was ok from it, but now it is in the shop for 3 weeks getting $5500 worth of repairs done to it. (BTW his 1990 Jeep Wrangler was basically totalled and had to be towed, while we were able to drive away - a testament to the Lexus quality) Anyways, while I trust the shop we took it too, and I have known the body guy personally for years I'm sure he will repair it correctly, now I am left with the depreciated costs of a vehicle that has been in an accident. We purchased this vehicle less than 5 months ago from the dealership where it was originally sold and serviced at a slightly higher price, because it was essentially perfect and had excellent maitenance records with NO ACCIDENTS. So my question is how much does this take off of the value of it now that the accident will show up on a car fax? How much should I fight for from the insurance? Thanks.

Your only going to get $$ to fix the car from the insurance company and no more!! Your not getting more

Who knows how much it will take off the selling price--depends on the person? 1-2K maybe