94 Ls - Both Low Beams Out - High Beams Work

iamfiredup

I typically drive around town with my low beams and fogs on both day and night. I do it to increase my visibility on the road since I don't have day light running lights. As you know they turn off automatically when I take the key out of the ignition.

Well, today I noticed that only my fogs were on and that both low beams are off. My high beams work just dandy. I have checked the left and right fuses found under the hood and they are in good shape. I find it odd that both of my bulbs could die on the same day due to the bulbs being bad themselves.

Can anyone suggest something else to try? Are there any fuses/relays that could affect this?

Thanks in advance!

I typically drive around town with my low beams and fogs on both day and night. I do it to increase my visibility on the road since I don't have day light running lights. As you know they turn off automatically when I take the key out of the ignition.

Well, today I noticed that only my fogs were on and that both low beams are off. My high beams work just dandy. I have checked the left and right fuses found under the hood and they are in good shape. I find it odd that both of my bulbs could die on the same day due to the bulbs being bad themselves.

Can anyone suggest something else to try? Are there any fuses/relays that could affect this?

Thanks in advance!

firedup:

I find it odd that both of my bulbs could die on the same day due to the bulbs being bad themselves.

I'll bet they're Philips brand(?).......................I grind my teeth every time I have to replace a lamp & the only thing the auto parts store has are lamps made by Philips. They're junk.

With the sockets removed from the lamps, check for voltage at the contacts of the sockets. Better yet, just look at the filaments of the lamps & you'll be able to see whether they're burned out or not.

Nope, they are Nokya aftermarket bulbs. I have used these in the past with no probs (except for putting higher wattage bulbs in my Dodge). I haven't yanked the bulbs yet to test the connection or look at the filaments. Just wanted to get some ideas before I got down and dirty with them :D

Well, I stand corrected. I had checked the fuses and relay for the head lights. I had taken the bulbs out and *visually* inspected them. Everything looked fine.

I drove by the local auto parts store and purchased a 9003 bulb. Whilst I was there I installed it and it worked great. Somehow I blew up the two low beams at the same time. Very strange.

Well, I stand corrected. I had checked the fuses and relay for the head lights. I had taken the bulbs out and *visually* inspected them. Everything looked fine.

I drove by the local auto parts store and purchased a 9003 bulb. Whilst I was there I installed it and it worked great. Somehow I blew up the two low beams at the same time. Very strange.

firedup:

I'm fairly certain that 9003 is a Philips Part Number...............

I know it can be a generic number, but as I said above, the Philips are junk. Some other posters just had some good things to say about PIAA (I think it was). They're more money, but if they last beyond the 28 days the Philips do, they're worth it.