Cars Buck When I Let Go Off The Gas After Hard Acceleration

I just noticed that my car seems to buck a little when i let go off my gas pedal after i pass quickly on the highway? if i am going at 75 and step down on the gas about an inch or two and then lift off the car does the same.

does anyone know why??? could there be a problem with my tranny???

Mine does the same thing (01 430). I've often wondered, attributed it to my driving. Is an awfully hard clunk, though. If I take off really fast, and then let off, it downshifts HARD, not very smooth at all. Again, I'll take the blame, but I've experienced the exact same thing as you. Don't have any answers, though, just saying "yeah, me too."

I have noticed under certain conditions that the trans will upshift abruptly after a good dose of acceleration, and also go into torque convertor lock-up with a bit of a jolt. At constant part throttle this happens more gently it seems.

I think it is normal.

I have noticed under certain conditions that the trans will upshift abruptly after a good dose of acceleration, and also go into torque convertor lock-up with a bit of a jolt. At constant part throttle this happens more gently it seems.

I think it is normal.

Whoa SRK!

You lost me... what's torque converter lock up? and why would the car jolt when it goes into this? and why would it be more gentle under constant part-throttle?

Would this still happen if we were to get a beefier torque converter?

The torque converters in our cars, like many transmissions, have an internal clutch which locks up the convertor so the engine drives the trans without slippage. Lock-up occurs in fourth and fifth gears, under light throttle openings. Sometimes there is a lurch as the convertor locks and unlocks.

A "beefier" convertor would not affect this, although I am not sure what you mean by beefier.