Rx300 Sunroof Leak

Topshelf

Last week I hopped in my '02 RX300 during a rain storm and noticed a couple drops of water entering at the rear passenger side of the sunroof. I checked the seal and everything looks good. No water damage on the headliner either. Any ideas on how to stop that? It didn't do it the entire time, but I didn't notice it a few times, so it must be a problem. With the sunroof closed, everything looks nice and tight, so I don't quite know where the water is coming in from. And I could tell if it was also happening on the driver side since I had to be moving a little to make it happen. How do I stop that?

Your sunroof drain channels may be clogged with pine straw and other various debris. When that happens, rainwater often leaks into the vehicle and confuses people.

Open your sunroof, pop your head up through it, and inspect your drain channels closely. Look for debris clogging the various drain holes, which are quite small by the way. The best way to clear these drains is to wipe the openings with a paper towel and then use compressed air to ensure clear pipes all the way down to the underside of the vehicle.